Another famous former faculty member, Karl Stetter, worked as head of the Archaea Center and the Department of Microbiology between 19.Among his discoveries were Pyrococcus furiosus in 1986, Aquifex aeolicus, Aquifex pyrophilus, and Nanoarchaeum equitans, discovered in 2002.In 1487, Duke Albrecht IV of Bavaria and the Regensburg city council sent a petition to Pope Innocent VIII to establish a university within the city.
The university was founded on July 18, 1962 by the Landtag of Bavaria as the fourth full-fledged university in Bavaria.Currently, the University of Regensburg houses eleven faculties.The university actively participates in the European Union's SOCRATES programme as well as several TEMPUS programmes.Moreover: preceding to the necessary measures the existing university could simply get an additional Technical Faculty as some universities in Bavaria have, e.g. In any case, the addition of such a faculty would also make sense for the Regensburg university, since in the city and its surroundings there exists a lot of engineering industry.With its eleven faculties, the university employs a wide variety of traditional programmes of study.
Internet dating regensburg electorate
The German Research Association has deeply supported a number of research projects in the university, including the fields of biochemistry and microbiology.The university's most famous faculty member is Pope Benedict XVI, who taught from 1969 until he was appointed Cardinal and Archbishop of Munich in 1977.The university was one of the first German universities to introduce modularized study programs following the Bologna model. kostenlose kontaktanzeige aufgeben Jena Since 2000, most study programs have introduced bachelor's as well as master's degrees in recent years.The German Research Association (DFG) currently sponsors two collaborative research centres (the SFB 1085 "Higher Invariants -interactions between Arithmetic Geometry and Global Analysis" of the Faculty of Mathematics and the CRC/Transregio 55 "Hadron Physics from Lattice QCD" of the Faculty of Physics), four research units and five interdisciplinary graduate colleges.
The university participates in well over 30 EU projects.
Situated entirely on one central campus, the university is located south of Regensburg's inner city on a small incline south of the Danube River, and directly adjacent to the Regensburg University of Applied Sciences and the A 3 autobahn.
The university itself consists of 150 hectares (280 acres) of land.
The following year, the faculty of Catholic Theology opened to students.
Since 1967, the university has expanded to twelve faculties, including medicine, biology, psychology, and chemistry.